Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation
The Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation was incorporated on May 21, 2001. The Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation and merged with the Winnebago County Farm Bureau Foundation on January 1, 2015 and became the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation.
The purpose of the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation is generally to carry out charitable, scientific, literary and educational work. Specifically, by way of example and not by way of limitation:
- To provide scholarships for person preferably studying agriculture and related fields, including, but not limited to business, economics, education, veterinary medicine, association management, and leadership development.
- To encourage, promote and fund the design, development, and distribution of educational and instructional materials and programs to provide improved instruction about agriculture, horticulture, and related fields.
- To promote, fund and conduct programs for the development of public library collections with special emphasis on agriculture and its related fields.
- To encourage, promote and fund education and research designed to improve crop production and livestock production.
- To promote, fund and conduct seminars and schools for educational, scientific and leadership purposed in the field of agriculture and its related disciplines.
- To do all other things necessary and appropriate to effectuate these purposes. (The corporation will not operate a business or vocational school.)
It is the intent and purpose that the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation shall be organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes, and not part of the net earnings of the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation shall inure to the benefit of any individual or member thereof, and no part of the activities of the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Foundation shall consist of lobbying or carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, or to participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for office.
To learn more about Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau Agriculture in the Classroom…Click Here